Friday, April 16, 2010

EDUC 8845 Module 4 Blog - Connectivist



My network has changed the way I learn in various ways. I now seek out knowledge and assistance in understanding from my networks more so than from a teacher and/or a textbook. I do use these as resources, just not in the same fashion as before. My pursuit of learning new knowledge when I have questions often begins as an Internet search. From here, I am directed to various technological as well as traditional methods, which answer my questions. My network has changed the way I treat the pursuit of information. I no longer rely solely upon text/teacher; I utilize my connections with similar professionals with similar questions. I learn from the experiences I encounter and the information of others’ experiences.
Digital tools which best facilitate learning for me include Google Search, Mail, Documents and Calendar, I utilize bubbl.us for concept mapping, as well as the New Technology Network’s resources, project libraries, and staff support tools.

Resources:

New Technology Network


Concept Mapping


Responses Posted to:
Carol Lee

Jesus Berrios

4 comments:

  1. Hey Charity,
    I also have found that my learning experiences have advanced with the idea of networks. I tend to learn a lot through my interactions with other teachers, students, family and friends. Using all of the brand new skills I have acquired helps me to promote learning with technology more in my classroom and it is very beneficial to the students.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes I also have found that students get excited about learning when technology is part of the learning experience. The text book approach is still needed but I have found that the information in text books becomes out dated very quickly. Val

    ReplyDelete
  3. Charity,

    I too have found that I learn differently and gather information differently than I did before networks. I find that I do not go to a book or persona as much as I go to the internet and other network related sources. I do still utilize my original ways of gathering information but not as much as I used to.

    Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charity,
    I like your mind map and the way you linked a few of your connections to two other areas. I need to work on making maps or organizers like these. They are very useful and get the attention of the people looking at them.
    I went to bubbl.us and I like the way it is set up. I will continue practicing with it and plan to use it in my classroom. This is a good educational tool.

    ReplyDelete